Private Singing Lessons
Private singing lessons are personalised and tailored to enhance your vocal abilities. Beyond honing technical skills, you will also gain increased confidence and self-expression as you develop a deeper understanding of your own voice.
4 WEEK PROGRAM – SHORT COURSE
Every voice is different and as unique as the singer’s character, I have designed a program which I can adapt to suit you.
What we’ll cover:
- Daily exercises in breathing, scales, various warmups
- Developing good habits, vocal health, and a routine
- Thinking of singing as a lifestyle, rather than just a hobby
- Techniques for singing from delicate to powerful. Building good projection & control
- Increasing vocal range of pitch
- Increasing vocal range of timbre/character
- Basic music theory/concepts
- Methods on how to approach learning songs, that can also be applied to writing
- Improvising vocal parts
- Various other techniques and fun stuff to play with, improving your vocal toolkit
- Preparation for performance/recording/practice/writing
Lessons are 90 minutes, allowing for:
- assigned work/practice
- answering your questions/tailoring the lesson to your needs and curiosity
- implementing techniques and good habits
- preparing your voice, how to use it most effectively in performance, study, recording
- how to cool down after a practice session or performance.
If you need to postpone your lesson, please give a minimum of 24 hours notice. That way, we can reschedule to another time, or I can switch another student into your spot for that week.
If you do a no-show, or cancel on the day without good reason, your balance will be used to cover the lesson.
I will always do my best to accommodate any changes to lesson times/days.
If you are unwell, or have any symptoms of cold or infection (sore throat, runny nose, cough) please let me know, so we can reschedule.